Art Store

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Update on Attack

We went to the ER on Friday and Ariana has contusions and hematoma action on her legs. Yesterday was a hard day. She woke up in a lot of pain. You have no idea how pissed I am. I don't know who I dislike the most at this point. I am mad at the staff and the children. I don't understand how kids 11, 12 years in age can be so violent. I don't understand how girls can be so cruel. Ariana told us she was pushed and then one of the kids threw her on the ground. When she was on the ground they started kicking her. She had pain in the area right above her hip. I teach anger management and coping skills at one of the state hospitals in Texas. I am trying to keep my cool. However, I want those kids to pay for what they did to my daughter.

If you would have asked me four days ago about my feeling regarding young people and legal charges, I would have stated there was no need. However, I don't feel that way anymore. As much as I understand they are kids, I also understand that children have moral codes. These children did this to her because they wanted to. Ariana had problems with some of these kids for at least a year. We talked to the teacher over and over about the problem. My husband even brought it up in conference. I feel like they targeted her because she is different. She was diagnosed with ADD/ADHD/ODD in 2009.  Her social skills picked up a great deal over the past year or so. She is a awesome kid, she would give you the clothes off her back. She is helpful, sweet, smart, and funny. It breaks my heart to think about her curled up in a little ball while these tyrants were kicking, and hitting her. I wish I wouldn't have told her that violence was never the answer. I know, I shouldn't think that. I don't know what I'm saying. Maybe I was right, maybe I was wrong. She could never defend herself against ten girls. 

How can kids do this to other kids? What the hell are the parents teaching them? At this age, it is all parenting. I blame them, and those teachers on the playground. Why didn't they go to her when she was screaming, why did they let my baby get attacked? I feel so helpless because I don't know what more to do. Police reports are underway, I have the ER report, but how do I make her understand that this will not happen again? She told me she was afraid it would happen again. How do I know if it will or will not happen again? How do I protect my daughter? Why didn't the teachers protect my baby?

Update 9:11PM 4-06-14

Ariana just woke up and said she had a dream about them hurting her again. I told her to get in our bed and she can sleep with mommy and daddy tonight.



 My Ariana!

No comments: