Art Store

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Morning Calm

Good Morning beautiful people! I hope your day turns out to be great! I hope you take me up on my offer and do something different today. I think I will start the day by embracing the idea of newness! Later today I will try to figure out how I will make costumes for Ariana and Alison. I’ve never been that great at making things, but they want to go trick or treating this year so I will try. Perhaps a ghost costume will be easy to make. Oh I know I can make them into little ladies of the lake…wait no..I don’t know what her body looks like. You only see her arm. Hmm Any ideas? Anyway look outside your window….
Have you ever really looked outside in the morning? I don’t mean running towards the door as you are getting ready for work. I’m talking about looking at the shy around 7 and seeing nothing but calmness. The sky looks almost gray, but it brings forth a feel of renewed energy. I wish I had the same view I had when we lived in Germany. I swear I have never seen such beauty in all my life. I mourn the fact that I will not return so often. There are so many things that I miss about that area. I miss the Turkish Kabobs, crazy salads, and the beautiful parks that looked almost heavenly in the fall because of the leaves.  
This Saturday morning I just want to soak in as much calmness as possible. The children are still sleep, so this is the perfect time to just be. No fighting over clothes, book bags, or hair…just me and my window next to my chair. Perhaps you too will start your day off by taking in all that is good..No matter what later brings..at least you can say..you had your moment of serenity.  

No comments: