Art Store

Monday, August 22, 2011

Life As I Know It.

Alison is sleep, and so far no more fever. I can't even begin to tell you how great it felt to take her to the doctor today. I didn’t like finding out that she had strep throat, but at least I knew I could take her. When Ariana got hurt in May it was a nightmare . We didn’t have insurance because our military insurance had run out. We couldn’t get on CHIP because we lived with family and together the incomes were too much. When she got hurt so many things were running in and out of my mind. As I held her close to me, I started to cry. There she was bleeding so badly, and I knew the only hospital that would take her was miles away. That was a horrible car ride. I held her in the back seat of our car and tried to keep her awake. After she was seen and treated ..we both just looked at each. There we were with a 1000.oo dollar bill on the horizon . I’m not going to lie to you, I never appreciated  having insurance when we were fully covered. It wasn’t a big deal. We got sick, we went to the doctor, the kids got sick they went to the doctor, we never had to worry about coverage.

I had mixed emotions about the Obama health care plan until I saw the ugly facts of life. Guys, we judge people so harshly on things we know nothing about. You are blessed if you have never had to wonder about your living arrangements. I recall a time when we had to sleep in a hotel room because we didn’t have a place to go. My husband’s job was here, so we couldn’t go stay with my father. That night I cried myself to sleep. My children thought wow we are like Zack and Cody…but I knew ..we were homeless. I have made up my mind, that I will start looking for jobs outside of Texas soon. I haven’t told my husband because he loves his job and it has great benefits. Yet, if I can’t find a job and his job isn’t enough to help us make it the right way, then something has to change. When November comes if I haven’t found work, I will apply outside of Texas.  I haven’t told my family this because we already know how they acted the last time. In order for us to have a better life we need both of us working. So, if nothing else works out…I will look elsewhere.  

My daughter told me that she picked me as the person who inspires her. I don’t see how I inspire her at all. Yet, her faith in me..keeps me working towards something better.

Lastly if you haven’t got a chance to read Heart of the Curse please do so…You can read it for free at http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/68289. My other books aren’t free..They are a dollar. Heart of the Curse was written for Alexis my daughter. It’s about family, friends, and going with your gut.

No comments: