Art Store

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

New Ultimate Spider-Man Is Half-Black, Half-Latino


I like it. There are so many “social” rules when it comes to being an artist. It's nice to see them embrace difference­. As a writer it's hard to reach outside of the box and do well. People will always have their ideas of what's right and what's not. However at the end of the day this is all fantasy. It doesn't really matter about the race because if the reader really likes the story or the comic...he will identify with the character no matter what . You can't make everyone happy. I took a lot of hits because my books are about vampires, and elves. You will never know how many times I have been called odd by others in the black race because I write about these things...A­t the end of the day..it's all fun and creativity­. Why does everything have to come down to race in America? Why can’t we just be human?
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost

No comments: