Art Store

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jobs, Wishes, Hopes

I applied for around thirty jobs with the Dallas Independent School District today online. I applied for anything and everything that I was qualified for. So, with luck maybe I will hear something in the coming weeks. My family got my girls school clothes. It was really nice of them, but it makes me feel like such a loser. I have never been in this situation before. I don’t like being poor, but at least we now have a place to stay. What I don’t understand is how some of the people around here seem to be okay with living here. They sat out and talk a lot, and they seem content with that. I didn’t know that our apartments were section 8 apartments. Yet, I guess we are all kinda in the same boat in some ways. We had to get on food stamps. It was an experience, one that I didn’t like at all. It was packed with people of all races and it looked like they came from all walks of life. So, my main goal is to find a job now that the children will all be in school. I don’t like the idea of getting food stamps, but I didn’t like the idea of my kids starving even more. If I’m lucky someone will hire me, if I’m really lucky large amounts of people will buy my books. So much for thinking……LOL Night night …Sorry if I let you down.

No comments: