Art Store

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Amy Winehouse and Many More...

I was surprised by some of the post I read yesterday and today about Amy Winehouse. We all make mistakes in life, and believe it or not we all have some sort of addiction. You could have an addiction to food, gambling, alcohol, drugs, sex, video games, lying, stealing, and even work. My father is a recovering alcoholic , and I can tell you it was hard growing up with him and his addiction. I don't know how many times we had to hide guns from him. It seemed like when he was at his lowest he would always reach for a gun. We have nearly eight shot guns in our house..because he is a hunter..So, it was hell trying to hide them when he was in his rages. What has bothered me the most over the past 24 hours is the lack of caring. Yes Amy was on drugs, but she was a person. She was a beautiful talented person that couldn't kick the behavior. We will never know if it was because of her surroundings that she couldn't seem to get better, or if it was something deeper that she just couldn't deal with. In stead of saying well that's what she gets, or anything stupid like that. Think about this..when you are young and full of wonder. You don't say hey I want to be a alcoholic, or I want to be an addict. I recall how difficult it was to visit my father in the rehab. It was hard for me because I wanted to bring him home with me. I was just a kid. I still remember the green jump up suit he wore, and sitting in the cafeteria that was surrounded by windows. I knew my father was sick. Don't judge these people because you could be the same way. Amy's death is sad...it's sad because she was a sick lady. She needed help, she needed a support group...I wanted so bad for her to kick her addiction..That's all I have to say.

No comments: