Art Store

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Thought Of The Day

Strength is more than being able to pick up a car or move a table. Strength is about waiting for the unseen and trusting in the unstable. Strength is about having the patience to do the right thing when the multitude of people around you are begging you to do the wrong thing.



When I was growing up I used to think my mother was weak because she stayed with my father.  As I grew older I learned a little more about life. Strength comes in many forms.  It took strength for her to stay and it took strength for her to finally get the courage to later walk away. It had to be something she could master. She had to find the strength.

One of my favorite quotes is by Ralph Waldo Emerson

A Hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer.



Please tell me about your favorite quote.
 

No comments: