Art Store

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I Haven't Named It. New Poem

I see you looking over here
In your torn up black leather chair.
Acting like you're thinking about me.
Your Smiling and laughing and
Leaning back , thinking I'm not aware.

I see you asking questions
Playing like you care.
Acting like you really want to be here.
I see you playing roles
Trying to win the gold.

Trouble is, your story is already told...

It all sounds good to the untrained ear.
But baby I know you just don't care.
Now I'm tired of your old wordy games.
I'm so ready to drop all reigns.

Standard is not what I want.
Standard is not what I need.
Standard won't rescue me
And I won't concede.

To the untrained ear you sound sincere.
But baby I know you don't care. Care like I need.
To untrained ear you seem unique my dear.
To the untrained ear you seem less of a fraud, I swear.

But we know.

You only want someone to validate you.
You only want someone to harbor each and every fiber of you.
And we know
We know
It's all very clear.

Standard is not what I want.
Standard is not what I need.
Standard won't rescue me
In my time of need.

No comments: