Art Store

Monday, October 14, 2013

New Blog Look

Next week I'm back in college finishing what I started many moons ago! I will not be participating in NANO fest this year! I did the NANO thing two years in a row, so now it's time to get down to business. I need to finish my degree! Instead of writing, I will be reading! In a few months I will be walking with my Bachelors! I was procrastinating for a while until I got inspired. I'm doing a minor in History! I am in a very special situation. I have enough credits to major in Psychology and General Studies. I can very well pull off two Bachelor degrees from two universities come May. I find myself leaning towards one degree more than the other one because in the end I want to end up teaching History. I'm a domestic violence victim's advocate. I have worked in this field for almost a year.

About a month ago something hit me. I came to the realization that I can do more to help women, by reaching the youth. Why do women get into violent relationships? Why do young men feel the need to hit? They lack positive people to show them the right way. The don't have those people in their lives to say yes you can. My clients and the people who hurt them can be helped before they ever reach the police departments. They can be shown another way. I want to be their cheering squad and their rock. I believe that the future pains of society can be prevented if we work together to mold a better today.


                                                           Can you guess what I'm taking?

No comments: